Looking to Switch Mortgage
If you are thinking of switching your mortgage, then this is the process for you.
Initial Assessment - by your Mortgage Advisor
- Identify your needs, research the mortgage market & provide feedback
- Provide an indication on likely loan amount
- Give a very clear estimation on timelines
- Provide you with a check list of the mortgage documents required
Formal Assessment – by your Mortgage Advisor
- Assist you in compiling the documents required
- Prepare a detailed mortgage application and liaise directly with the preferred lender
- Liaise directly with the preferred lender
- Obtain formal Approval in Principal (AIP) on terms sought
- Advise you within 3 business days that we have received your application or tell you what additional documents we need
- Confirm our receipt of everything, and inform you of the decision within 10 business days
- If it’s going to take any longer, we’ll tell you why and when we expect a decision
- Advise on loan and interest rate options
- Provide an indicative comparison between the total interest payable over the remaining term of your existing mortgage compared to your new mortgage
- If during the application process we need additional information, we will request it from you.
Loan Offer – by your dedicated Administrator
- Administer any loan conditions and mortgage valuation
- Obtain formal Loan Approval from the preferred lender
- Confirm all in order and as agreed
Mortgage Protection – by your MoneyCoach Advisor
- Complete a full review of your financial needs
- Research the market to find the most competitive prices
- Provide you with the best advice
- Oversee the insurance company underwriting process
- We will consider whether your existing policy may be maintained
Cheque Issue by your dedicated Administrator
- Co-ordinate with your solicitor
- Resolution of outstanding items in a speedy fashion
- House Insurance & mortgage protection co-ordination
- Ensure loan cheque can be drawn down when required
Legal Process for Switching
- Once you appoint a solicitor, let us know the details to send the legal documents or we can make a recommendation if you wish
- Once mortgage is approved, lender sends solicitor legal pack and letter of offer
- You review with your solicitor and sign legal documents and letter of offer
- Your solicitor returns the signed legal documents to the lender
- Once you meet all the conditions of the letter of offer, your solicitor will ask the lender to send the money to their account
- The lender sends the money to your solicitor, and they send you a letter to confirm your new mortgage
- Your lender will send the money to your existing lender to clear your mortgage with them
For more information please visit the Competition and Consumer Protection Commission (CCPC) website (www.ccpc.ie).
Warning: If you do not keep up your repayments you may lose your home.
Warning: The cost of your monthly repayments may increase.
Warning: You may have to pay charges if you pay off a fixed–rate loan early.
Warning: If you do not meet the repayments on your loan, your account will go into arrears. This may affect your credit rating, which may limit your ability to access credit in the future.
To find out more, simply complete the enquiry form opposite or call us: 1850 444 474
Simply fill in your details in the form opposite or call us on 1850 444 474 / 01 6691000 to speak to one of our expert mortgage brokers.
Irish Mortgage Corporation
118 Lower Baggot St
Phone: 1850 444 474